tHE ART OF RETROSPECTIVES
Why is this course important?
Many organisations are adopting Agile approaches to improve their capability, however many teams forget or struggle to continuously improve. Being a ScrumMaster or Kanban Coach means that you need to know how to facilitate these session and get the best from your people.
This 1-day course provides a great foundation for anyone wanting to learn more about creating, running and using powerful coaching questions to achieve results.
We put theory into practice in each module through a number of exercises and simulations which are both enjoyable and instructive. Attendees will leave with tools they can use with their teams immediately.
- Understanding why we use retrospectives and the benefits they can give.
- How Icebreakers can be valuable.
- Learning about different types of retrospectives and when to use them.
- The difference between running in person, online or hybrid retrospectives and top tips to help you succeed.
- Building a retrospective from scratch.
- Facilitating a retrospective.
- Dealing with common personalities and reading body language.
- Using powerful questions & 5 why root cause analysis.
- Creating meaningful actions & getting them delivered.
- How improvement backlogs can keep the team focussed on continuous improvement.
This is an interactive class and attendees will get to build their own fun retrospective.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about driving continuous improvement through retrospectives.
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
There will be a total of 8 hours of class time (Including breaks). This course can be run over one day or split over two half days.
- There is no pre-work – Kick back, relax and wait for the class!
|8th September 2022||The Art of Retrospection|
Also known as the ‘Kanban Queen’! I love everything about Kanban and there is literally nothing that I cannot apply it too! But, I am not a one-trick pony and have vast experience with Scrum as well. Ultimately, I am about helping people and organisations evolve to truly unlock their full potential. I run several meets ups and am heavily involved with the community. Say ‘Hi’ the next time you see me.
The creative one. I am passionate about people and enjoy working closely with individuals and teams to help propel them along their agile journey. I love to find creative new ways to help teams and stakeholders to collaborate closely together, particularly when navigating the challenges of a remote working environment. Away from the office and the RippleRock family, I enjoy martial arts, travel, cooking and eating Bazil’s chilli jam.
Want to know more?